Thursday, August 1, 2013

Everyone needs a little positive affirmation

I posted this on Facebook but thought Weston deserved for me to put it somewhere that we will see again.

Weston has been full of positive affirmations for me recently. As we were walking in the door yesterday after picking him up from preschool he told me "Good job taking care of Kenzie mom."

This morning just before we were leaving to take Elizabeth to school he was sitting in the hall and had his legs stretched out as I stepped over his legs he tell me "Good job stepping over my legs mom."

 Lastly, all last year I dropped Elizabeth and our carpool kid off at the park behind the school and they have to walk through the gate at the back of the school. This year I have been taking her and our new carpool kid to the front of the school. I was talking to the new kid and drove right past the street I needed to turn on to go to the front of the school. I couldn't help it, I was on autopilot from last year. This morning I made the turn and Weston tells me "Good job turning on the right street mom."

How I love this little boy. I think I really needed to hear someone tell me over the past two days that we can celebrate the little things.

2 comments:

  1. I said it once and I will say it again, he learned it somewhere and I will bet it was from you. So here is another affirmation from your Mother-in-law. You are an amazing Mom and a great example to your children. The last few weeks of pregnancy are always so tough, and more so with 3 other children and a husband to care for so know how much we love and appreciate you and all you do for your sweet family and our ornery son.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase Wash from Firefly, "C'mon, Mom. Everyone knows I'M the ornery son"

    Seriously, though. Kudos to both of you for raising awesome kids. Nora said something similar, just a simple "Good job, Daddy, for (I don't really remember what for, actually)" and I thought of you guys. Seriously, though, way to set the bar insanely high with your super cool family. I kind of wonder if we all aren't just competing for second coolest family in the family.

    Know you are loved, and always welcome if you find your paths take you to northern Mexico.

    ReplyDelete