Sunday, July 15, 2012

Poor, poor Weston

This week I took Weston and McKenzie with me visiting teaching. This particular lady has three boys so Weston loves going there because there are always lots of cars, trucks and trains to play with. His current obsession is trains. He loves them. If you are driving down the road and drive on the bumpy side he starts shouting train train. Any horns train train! Anyway he found a big train there and played with it the entire time. When it was time to leave I asked him to put it away. Of course he told me no. I asked him again NOOO. I told him that we could not take the trains they are not ours and he needs to leave them. He puts the trains down and has the saddest most depressed look on his face. Then he starts crying. Not a I can't have it cry but I am heartbroken cry. We go out the door and he starts wondering towards the neighbors house just sobbing. We got home and played with his little trains and all was well with the world.
Weston loves taking his trucks, planes, or whatever boy toy he has to the store. I do not mind because it keeps him entertained while I am trying to get a few things. On Friday we were walking into Safeway and he tripped. His trucks went flying out of his hands as he fell. A lady was walking out at the exact instant and picked up the trucks and handed them to me and walked off. Weston saw her pick up the trucks but did not see her hand them to me and thought the lady was walking off with he trucks. He started screaming hand outstreached screaming, until I showed him I had the trucks and he instantly stopped crying.

1 comment: